Pre-K for All - 4 Year Old Program
Our Pre K for All program provides an engaging curriculum that integrates instruction through developmental domains and early learning disciplines following the guidelines of the NYS Common Core Standards. The New York State Prekindergarten Foundation for the Common Core has organized five broad developmental and interrelated domains. Listed below is a brief description of each domain found on the NYC DOE website:
• Approaches to Learning – How children become involved in learning and acquiring knowledge.
• Physical Development and Health – Children’s physical health and ability to engage in daily activities.
• Social and Emotional Development – The emotional competence and ability to form positive relationships that give meaning to children’s experiences in the home, school, and larger community.
• Communication, Language, and Literacy – How children understand, create, and communicate meaning.
• Cognition and Knowledge of the World – What children need to know and understand about their world and how they apply what they know. This domain is a direct reflection of the content competencies and knowledge of the Common Core Learning Standards.
For more information please visit: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/ciai/common_core_standards/pdfdocs/nyslsprek.pdf