Middle School - 6th Grade - 8th Grade
Our Middle School philosophy is designed to prepare students to excel in their high school years ahead. The physical, social, emotional and intellectual changes of 11-14 year olds occur at different rates during this time of transition.
The Middle School provides a program of all the necessary educational skills while allowing for individual growth and development in personal discipline, self-motivation, and independent learning.
DGK School rated Top 5 in New York City Regionals in Science Olympiad 2012/2013 school year.
Middle School objectives include:
• Specialized High School Entrance Exam Prep Courses
• Rotation of Classes in Preparation for High School
• Publication of a Monthly Student School Newspaper through Technology class
• Interaction of a Student Council which includes a monthly student publication
• Enhancing a sense of community spirit
• Supporting positive values
• Enriching academic learning
• Problem solving skills